Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may appear just like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your page elements to be structured and use non permanent glue so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the main scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Aliso Viejo California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.