Turning through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem to be just like a difficult project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be organized and use non permanent adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbook aspect since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Anaheim California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.