Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook can seem just like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use momentary glue so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Anaheim California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.