Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could seem to be like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent glue so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the main scrapbook factor since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Anza California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.