Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook can appear like a daunting project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use short-term glue so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking design component since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Aromas California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.