Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may seem just like a challenging project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your page elements to be structured and use short-term adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Auberry California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.