Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could appear like a challenging project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use non permanent adhesive so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbook aspect since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Bakersfield California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.