Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook can seem to be like a difficult project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use non permanent adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design factor since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Bell Gardens California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.