Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Putting together a scrapbook could seem just like a daunting project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be structured and use temporary glue so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking design element since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Beverly Hills California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.