Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem to be like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use non permanent glue so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the main scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Beverly Hills California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.