Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbook can seem like a difficult project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be structured and use momentary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the main scrapbook component because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Bodfish California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.