Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking can seem to be just like a challenging project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use short-term glue so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the main scrapbooking design element as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Bonita California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.