Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can appear just like a daunting project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Brandeis California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.