Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking can appear just like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most important scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Branscomb California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.