Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbook can seem like a difficult project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term glue so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbook aspect since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Browns Valley California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.