Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use momentary glue so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most important scrapbooking design factor since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Buena Park California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.