Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking could appear like a difficult project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use non permanent glue so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking component since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Burbank California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.