Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook may appear like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use non permanent glue so you may move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the main scrapbooking component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Burbank California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.