Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking can seem just like a difficult project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your page elements to be arranged and use non permanent adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Burson California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.