Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a challenging project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use short-term adhesive so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Callahan California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.