Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbook may appear like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use non permanent adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbook element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Carmel California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.