Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbook may seem to be just like a difficult project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be structured and use temporary adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Carson California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.