Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem to be just like a difficult project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Caruthers California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.