Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbook could seem to be like a challenging project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use non permanent glue so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking element as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Cerritos California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.