Flipping through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your precious memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook could seem just like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the photos with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use short-term adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking element since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Citrus Heights California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.