Flicking through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear like a challenging project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use short-term glue so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking element since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Citrus Heights California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.