Turning through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear like a daunting project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use temporary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Concord California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.