Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking could appear like a challenging project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the behind of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use temporary adhesive so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the main scrapbooking element since it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which is often overlooked with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Cool California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.