Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem to be just like a daunting project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be organized and use short-term glue so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Costa Mesa California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.