Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem like a difficult project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Cotati California but it may be very expensive. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.