Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking may appear like a challenging project, particularly when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use non permanent glue so you could move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the main scrapbook factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Covina California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.