Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking could appear like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be arranged and use momentary adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Fairfield California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.