Flicking through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbook can appear like a daunting project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be structured and use temporary glue so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking aspect since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Frazier Park California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.