Flipping through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook could appear just like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Sketch how you want your page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you can move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Freedom California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.