Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbook can appear just like a daunting project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photo box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use short-term adhesive so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the main scrapbook aspect because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Fresno California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.