Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem to be like a daunting project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photos with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbook factor because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Georgetown California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.