Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your precious memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may appear like a daunting project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always purchase stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use momentary glue so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the main focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbook component as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Goodyears Bar California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.