Turning through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a daunting project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Coordinate your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be organized and use temporary adhesive so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photos to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking component because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which is often forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Grand Terrace California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.