Turning through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear just like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the images with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you may move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is the main scrapbooking design aspect as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Greenwood California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.