Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only preserve photos and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your important memories.
Putting together a scrapbook could seem just like a difficult project, in particular when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper clipper, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your page elements to be organized and use short-term adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking design component since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Groveland California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.