Flicking through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a daunting project, particularly when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To get going, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the pictures that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be arranged and use short-term glue so you can move things around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most crucial scrapbooking design factor because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing easy, write bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some folks that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Gualala California but it can be very expensive. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.