Flipping through old images can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke sad feelings and disappointment when you no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your valuable memories.
Putting together a scrapbook can appear just like a daunting project, especially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the photographs with a photography labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use momentary adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your images to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This really is the most crucial scrapbooking design element because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, that can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Hayward California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.