Turning through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only maintain photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem just like a challenging project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photographs. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers the following tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your images. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free photography box with tab dividers. Write all the vital details on the back of the images with a photography labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should target to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you can move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the scrapbook page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbooking aspect because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Indian Wells California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.