Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also can evoke disappointment and frustration when you will no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking may seem to be like a daunting project, specially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you desire your page elements to be organized and use temporary glue so you can move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking element because it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the primary events.
* Take a class. Although these pointers will assist you began, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Indio California but it can be very expensive. The good news is there are less expensive ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.