Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke disappointment and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect images and memorabilia, but to capture the thoughts behind your valuable remembrances.
Putting together a scrapbooking could seem to be like a difficult project, specially when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education director at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free image box with tab partitioning. Write all the important details on the back of the images with a picture labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Select the images that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you desire your scrapbook page elements to be structured and use short-term adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, get coordinating colors that match the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your images to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you desire your pictures to be the main focus.
* Write journal entries. This is certainly the most crucial scrapbook component because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will help you get started, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some individuals who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in La Habra California but it can be very costly. The good news is there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.