Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of reminiscence, but it also may evoke disappointment and disappointment when you no longer remember the folks, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve images and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your important memories.
Assembling together a scrapbooking may appear like a daunting project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, offers these tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photographs with an image labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you could move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that match the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photos to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photographs so they stand out on the scrapbook page.
* Embellish the page. Add fire to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your pictures to be the primary focus.
* Write journal entries. This is the most important scrapbooking factor because it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which can be forgotten with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will help you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Lancaster California but it may be very costly. Fortunately there are less expensive ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.