Flicking through old photos can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you no longer remember the folks, details and thoughts behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your treasured memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook could seem to be just like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives these tips.
* Purchase the basic tools. To begin with, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory System brand of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to ensure the best quality.
* Organize your images. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the back of the photos with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the images that best demonstrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Sketch the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your page elements to be structured and use non permanent adhesive so you could move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that go with the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Decorate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start off simple; you desire your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbook element since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which may be forgotten with time. To make journal writing easy, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking get their training from scrapbooking classes in Little River California but it may be very expensive. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking art in CA.