Turning through old images can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also may evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and feelings behind them.
Scrapbooks permit you to not only protect photos and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your valuable memories.
Assembling together a scrapbook may seem to be just like a challenging project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get going, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program brand of pens. Always purchase products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab dividers. Write all the important details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Select the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about three pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colors. Drew how you want your page elements to be arranged and use short-term adhesive so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your images.
* Crop and mat the pictures. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then create a simple mat, about a quarter-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the page using stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Start simple; you want your images to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the most important scrapbooking design element as it conveys the details and feelings regarding that moment, which may be overlooked with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you get started, take classes to really hone your skills.
Some individuals that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Lodi California but it may be very costly. The good news is there are affordable ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.