Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and frustration when you will no longer remember the people, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks allow you to not only maintain photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the emotions behind your treasured remembrances.
Assembling together a scrapbooking can seem like a difficult project, in particular when you first look at the boxes and piles of unsorted photos. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, purchase adhesive, a paper trimmer, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand glue is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program type of pens. Always buy stuff with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to be sure the best quality.
* Set up your pictures. Sort your images by theme, occasion, yr or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photos with an image labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Choose the images that best show the theme of your page. Store the others. A newbie should aim to have about 3 pictures per page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Drew how you want your scrapbook page elements to be organized and use non permanent glue so you may move stuff around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the photos. Crop your photographs to get out superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the images so they stand out on the page.
* Embellish the page. Add life to the page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you want your images to be the primary focus.
* Write diary entries. This really is the most important scrapbooking design factor as it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, that can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, put bullet points to highlight the key events.
* Take a class. Although these guidelines will assist you began, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people that are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Los Angeles California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are cheaper ways to master the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.