Turning through old photographs can instill feelings of nostalgia, but it also can evoke sad feelings and aggravation when you will no longer remember the folks, details and emotions behind them.
Scrapbooks enable you to not only preserve photographs and memorabilia, but to capture the feelings behind your precious memories.
Putting together a scrapbooking can seem just like a difficult project, especially when first you look at the boxes and piles of unsorted images. Joy Macdonell, education overseer at EK Success, a scrapbooking company, gives the following tips.
* Buy the basic tools. To get started, buy adhesive, a paper thinner, scissors, pens, paper and albums. Herma brand adhesive is recommended, as is the Zig Memory Program line of pens. Always buy products with the keywords “acid-free, ” “photo-safe” and “lignin-free” to make sure the best quality.
* Organize your pictures. Sort your pictures by theme, occasion, year or people, and store in an acid-free picture box with tab partitioning. Write all the vital details on the behind of the photographs with a photo labeling pen.
* Choose the pictures. Select the pictures that best illustrate the theme of your page. Store the others. A beginner should aim to have about 3 pictures per single page.
* Drew the layout and determine the colours. Sketch how you want your scrapbook page elements to be arranged and use temporary adhesive so you may move things around. Also, choose coordinating colors that complement the hues in your photos.
* Crop and mat the images. Crop your photographs to eliminate superfluous detail. Then design a simple mat, about a 1/4-inch wide on all sides, to put under the photos so they stand out on the page.
* Accentuate the page. Add fire to the scrapbook page with stickers, creative lettering or other 3-D embellishments. Begin simple; you desire your pictures to be the key focus.
* Write diary entries. This is certainly the main scrapbooking factor since it conveys the details and feelings about that moment, which can be neglected with time. To make journal writing simple, write bullet points to highlight the main events.
* Take a class. Although these tips will assist you in starting out, take classes to really mature your skills.
Some people who are interested in scrapbooking art get their training from scrapbooking classes in Los Angeles California but it can be very costly. Fortunately there are affordable ways to learn the art of professional scrapbooking in CA.